“ The world in which we live is an exciting and challenging one where football and sport play an integral part. That's why we recognise that there must be opportunities for all and have therefore developed five key areas to achieve our mission of creating opportunities and building safer communities.”
In summary, these are to:
- Improve health and wellbeing we want to support projects that use football and sport to contribute to tackling health inequalities, major health killers and improving mental health and wellbeing.
- Encourage education and lifelong learning we want to support projects that use football and sport to contribute to educational attainment, closing the skills gap, improving lifelong learning and personal development from participation through volunteering, training and employment.
- Promote social inclusion we want to support projects that use football and sport to contribute to tackling social exclusion, preventing and reducing offending and promoting respect amongst communities, bringing people together through football.
- Build equality we want all projects to use football and sport to increase participation and to consider equality of access as part of their programme, focusing especially on women and girls, disability groups and black and ethnic minority groups.
- Respect the environment we want to promote environmental best practice.